We remain open to provide urgent care for your pets. We are following the direction of government and regulatory authorities and have implemented hospital and visit protocols to keep both you and our team safe. For regular updates on our hours and visit protocols, please follow our social media platforms.
Sometimes it seems like pets prefer to get sick or injured whenever your local veterinary clinic is closed! Fortunately, you will always be able to get veterinary help even if you need it after hours, on the weekend or on holidays. The veterinarians in the Sudbury region share an on-call rotation. This means that the local veterinarians work together to ensure that there is always someone available to help pets when needed.
Since the veterinary hospitals share the on-call rotation, the location of the emergency hospital varies depending on who is providing service on any given day. There is a central paging service which answers the after-hours line and forwards the information to the clinic on call for that day. The clinic on call will then get in touch with the pet owner to give directions to the hospital.
Are you a 24-hour vet hospital?
There isn’t a central 24-hour veterinary hospital in the Sudbury area, but veterinary care IS available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Due to the close contact that our work requires, we have taken additional measures to protect you and our team while providing care for your furry family members.
The following changes are effective as of Monday April 6, 2020:
1. We are currently operating a "closed waiting room" policy to protect our clients and staff. Our door will be locked. Please call the number posted on the front door when you arrive and one of our Registered Veterinary Technicians will come to take the history and collect your pet. Our veterinarian will contact you by phone to discuss your pet's health before you leave.
2. We are offering urgent care appointments only at this time.
3. We are still OPEN with the following hours: Monday, Tuesday and Thursday 8 am - 6 pm, Wednesday 8 am - 7 pm, and Friday 8 am - 4 pm.
4. If you are ordering food or medications, please allow 3-5 business days as our suppliers are dealing with increased demand and are trying to fill orders as quickly as possible. We will advise you as soon as your order arrives. Please call us ahead of time to ensure we have what you need and can have it prepared before your arrival. You can also use our online store and have your food delivered directly to your home. To sign up for the Online Store, please visit our website.
5. For the time being, we are not accepting cash as payment. Credit cards and debit card payments are still available.
Following the recommendations of our government and medical experts, we are doing our best to practice social distancing within the constraints of our jobs. We have taken these measures to avoid both contracting and facilitating the spread of this disease.
Thank you for helping us be diligent for everyone's safety. As we have heard from all levels of government, the situation is fluid, and any updates will be provided as changes occur.