We remain open to provide urgent care for your pets. We are following the direction of government and regulatory authorities and have implemented hospital and visit protocols to keep both you and our team safe. For regular updates on our hours and visit protocols, please follow our social media platforms.
Our clinic is equipped with a digital radiology system. This system allows us to get extremely good quality images while minimizing your dog’s exposure to radiation. Good quality images are essential for our veterinarians to evaluate your dog’s condition.
Our veterinarians review the radiographs to aid in the diagnostic evaluation of your pet. The images can also be transmitted electronically to veterinary specialists for further evaluation and assessment.
How do you prepare your dog for their x-ray appointment?
Preparation for a radiographic appointment depends on many factors because it depends on the reason for the x-ray. In cases where the radiograph can be planned ahead of time, we will inform you how to prepare your dog for the radiograph. Pet owners should be aware that they will not be present while the radiographs are taken because of the radiation exposure.
How much do dog x-ray examinations cost?
The cost of an x-ray examination depends on many factors, such as how many radiographs are being taken, if sedation is required to achieve the best image, the areas of the body that need to be radiographed, etc. Please contact us directly to discuss any questions about radiographs and your dog.
Due to the close contact that our work requires, we have taken additional measures to protect you and our team while providing care for your furry family members.
Last updated: Tuesday, May 19, 2020
1. We are currently operating a "closed waiting room" policy to protect our clients and staff. Our door will be locked. Please call the number posted on the front door when you arrive and one of our Registered Veterinary Technicians will come to take the history and collect your pet. Our veterinarian will contact you by phone to discuss your pet's health before you leave.
2. We can now see all cases by appointment only.
3. We are still OPEN with the following hours: Monday, Tuesday and Thursday 8 am - 6 pm, Wednesday 8 am - 7 pm, and Friday 8 am - 4 pm.
4. If you are ordering food or medications, please allow 3-5 business days as our suppliers are dealing with increased demand and are trying to fill orders as quickly as possible. We will advise you as soon as your order arrives. Please call us ahead of time to ensure we have what you need and can have it prepared before your arrival. You can also use our online store and have your food delivered directly to your home. To sign up for the Online Store, please visit our website.
5. For the time being, we are not accepting cash as payment. Credit cards and debit card payments are still available.
Following the recommendations of our government and medical experts, we are doing our best to practice social distancing within the constraints of our jobs. We have taken these measures to avoid both contracting and facilitating the spread of this disease.
Thank you for helping us be diligent for everyone's safety. As we have heard from all levels of government, the situation is fluid, and any updates will be provided as changes occur.